Thursday, March 13, 2014

#82 It's That Time Again -- 5K

It's that time again, the birds are chirping, the weather is getting warmer and I'm thinking outside, outside, here I come.  So I'm gearing up for my 4th (I've done two in St. Charles & one in Ferguson) 5K run!!!  Woohooooo!

Yes I Can!!!
 
The one that I'm participating in again this year is the 5th Annual Ferguson Twilight 5K/10K Fun Run.  Here's a little info regarding it:

FERGUSON TWILIGHT 5K/10K & FUN RUN - MAY 17, 2014
Run or Walk with us in 2014!
Enjoy a USATF-certified course through Ferguson’s beautiful historic neighborhoods in this fifth annual twilight 5K/10K race and one-mile fun run managed under Live Well Events. All races begin and end at the Plaza at 501 (501 S. Florissant Rd., Ferguson MO 63135) with professional timing by Big River Running. After race entertainment includes live music and beer tastings. CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!!

I did this last year and posted about it (check it out here) http://yo-yoeatingnomore.blogspot.com/2013/05/44-5k-once-again.htmlwith my girlfriend Chris Biernbaum.  I purposed to walk with her -- but when I got there and started walking down the hills I couldn't help but jog down the hills -- until I couldn't (didn't want) to stop jogging.  Sorry Chris :-()  We had a great time -- and the weather was absolutely spectacular.

If you live in the St. Louis area -- you may want to try this race.  It is by far one of the best that I have attended -- and I like the twilight aspect of the race.  When I ran my first two they were early in the morning and in May it's usually starts getting warm early.  But when you run a twilight race -- 6:30pm-until -- the sun has gone down and it's cooler.

What I enjoyed most about this race is the beautiful community of Ferguson, MO -- with its gorgeous landscapes and homes.  So it was change of pace from my other park runs -- and it was a pleasant distraction.


 

Looking forward to shedding some calories and most of all enjoying the outdoors this spring at the 5th annual Ferguson Twilight 5K/10K Fun Run.

Until next time...

Please leave a comment below. Thanks for visiting.

No comments: