Friday, August 29, 2014

#98 August My Favorite Things -- For Summer!

I try to share at the end of each month a few of my favorite things.  It's been a great August and some of my favorite things for summer has been -- HERE GOES:

Homemade Kombucha Pops

Because I make my own fermented Kombucha tea (you can find out how I do it following this link How I Make Kombucha Tea) -- I thought it would be fun to make my own Kombucha pops.  These have been so delicious in this 90+ degree weather.



























Homemade Ready-Made Salads

Nothings better then already having lunch prepared ahead of time.  I've made ready-made salads for when I need to grab and go -- or just to eat in a pinch.  I used spinach, chickpeas, one hard boiled egg, tomatoes, onions and mushrooms (but you can use a variety of combinations).  Layer each ingredient one by one on top of each other in a mason jar or a recycled jar and place in the fridge.  When your ready, grab a homemade dressing of your choice or a store bought favorite and enjoy!


Homemade Pickles

I've shared this recipe before -- which is from a friend Chris.  These pickles are delicious and I have made at least 12 jars so far this summer.  My husband eats them as fast as I make them.  Made from cucumbers from my garden here's the recipe:  Pickle Recipe.





Calzone
Pepperoni Deep Dish
Outside Sight & Sound Theater -- saw "Jonah"


We had to squeeze in a last minute vacation to Branson right before school started.  We had a blast.  You can't go on vacation without eating some yummy food.  Enjoyed the Old Chicago Pizza and Pasta place on the Landing.  Also if you have not seen Jonah in Branson -- it's a must see!!!  I felt like I was at a New York production!  WELL DONE BRANSON!!!!

These are a few of my favorite things...

Until next time...



Please leave a comment below. Thanks for visiting.

No comments: