Thursday, November 27, 2014

#109 November Favorite Thing & Happy Thanksgiving!!!



Happy Thanksgiving all.  It's coming down to the wire with 2014 and I'm so pleased to be able to say -- I'm so thankful to my heavenly Father for all that He has done this year.  So much to be thankful for and I look forward to all that is in store for 2015.

Because this is the last Friday of November -- I always share (or try to) my favorite thing for the month.  Well this month because of all that is going on with the Michael Brown shooting, here in my backyard, Ferguson, MO -- and the verdict of the cop who shot him -- being not guilty -- it has been quite a rocky road with people's expectations.  My two cents on the matter is that Michael Brown obviously did not deserve to die the way he did -- but unfortunately he made a lot of bad choices on that day that lead to his shooting.  I won't go into everything that I feel were his bad decisions -- I'm sure everyone saw the video of him robbing the convenience store and how he treated the worker.  It looks to me like this was not his first time doing this or just being a bully because of his stature.  Nonetheless, it's unfortunate the consequences that lead to his death. 

I wanted to share a video that I believe should be heard in every household where children are being brought up.  Adults need to hear and not only hear but demonstrate how their children and themselves are to conduct themselves as African Americans.  We need to have pride in who we are otherwise we will fall into the stereotypes that are given to so many of us.  God has a plan for each and every one of us.  If only we would seek it out.  We need to be on a road of shaping our children into who He wants them to be and we as parents need not be lead into lives of despair but prosperity in Christ Jesus.

Here's the video.  Enjoy and have a wonderful Thanksgiving.




Until next time...

Please leave a comment below. Thanks for visiting.

No comments: